Valvoline – The Garage Promotion
Terms & Conditions
- Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms & Conditions. Submitting an entry is deemed to be as acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
- Promotion is available to Australian and New Zealand residents 16 years and over. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, Administrator and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion.
- Purchase must be made between (“Promotional Period”):
- Australia: 12:01am AEDT February 1, 2023 and 11:59pm AEDT February 28, 2023.
- New Zealand: 12:01am NZDT February 1, 2023 and 11:59pm NZDT February 28, 2023.
- To be eligible to claim, individuals must purchase any Valvoline product in a Repco store in Australia or New Zealand or on the Repco website (repco.com.au or www.repco.co.nz) during the Offer Period.
- To submit a claim, upon completing the above transaction, claimants must then visit valvolinepromotions.com.au/, follow the prompts to claim page, input the requested details, including their full name, contact details, valid email, upload a copy of their purchase receipt and submit the fully completed claim form during the Offer Period.
- Multiple entries are permitted; subject to the following: (a) only one (1) entry permitted per transaction, regardless of the number of Valvoline products purchased in that transaction in excess of one (1); (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements; and (c) a maximum of one (1) entry per person per day is permitted.
- Entrants must retain their original purchase receipt/s for all entries as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase for all entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of all an entrant’s entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Purchase receipt(s) must clearly specify the store of purchase and that the purchase was made during the relevant jurisdiction’s Promotional Period but prior to entry.
- The draw will be conducted by Valvoline (Australia) Pty Ltd (“Valvoline”), Level 6, 2 Burbank Place, Baulkham Hills NSW 2153, on Monday March 6, 2023 at 10:00am AEDT, in the presence of two (2) Valvoline employees. Winners will be selected using electronic random number generation. Winners will be notified by phone and email within two (2) business days of the draw. Winners must be contactable and accept the prize before the re-draw date to be deemed a valid winner. Winners’ names will be published on the Valvoline Australia website (valvoline.com/en-au/media-room/) and social media sites including Facebook from Monday March 13, 2023. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. The Promoter will use reasonable efforts to notify the winners.
- Entries will be divided into two (2) groups based on the entrant’s country of residence: Australia and New Zealand. The first valid entry drawn in each group will each win the major prize for that group (as detailed below, i.e. one Major Prize for each country) and the next one hundred (100) valid entries drawn in each group will each win the minor prize (as detailed below):
- The Major Prize includes a Hot Lap experience (as shown below) and a set of three (3) units of merchandise from Valvoline as stipulated below:
- Australia: There is one (1) major prize for Australian entrants. All prizes will be delivered to the winner’s nominated address. Total value of major prize is AUD $8,270. Major Prize Inclusions:
|‘The Repco 100’ Valvoline V8 laps for 4 people (Hot Lap)||$5,800|
|Hotlaps recorded live action video for 4 people||$1,200|
|Professional photo package for 4 people||$600|
|Fastrack ‘speed’ shirt and cap for 4 people||$400|
|Valvoline Retro Esky x 1||$119.99|
|Valvoline Retro Clock x 1||$129.99|
|Valvoline Wall Mounted Bottle Opener x 1||$19.99|
- New Zealand: There is one (1) major prize for New Zealand entrants. All prizes will be delivered to the winner’s nominated address. Total value of major prize is up to NZD $3,350. Major Prize Inclusions:
|D1NZ Hot laps Experience for two (2) people (Hot Lap)||$2,000|
|Valvoline Retro Esky x 1||$131.99|
|Valvoline Retro Clock x 1||$142.99|
|Valvoline Wall Mounted Bottle Opener x 1||$21.99|
- The Promoter, in conjunction with the major prize winner from Australia, will organise the V8 Fastrack Hot Laps experience. The winner will be given the option to take their experience at the below listed venues within three (3) years of winner notification:
- Sydney Motorsport Park (NSW)
- Sandown Raceway (VIC)
- Wanneroo (formerly Barbagallo) Raceway (WA)
- The Promoter, in conjunction with the major prize winner from New Zealand, will organise the D1NZ Hot Laps experience. The winner will be given the option to take their experience at the below listed venues:
- Taupo International Motorsport Park (Taupo) on 18th March 2023
- Manfeild Motorsport Circuit (Manawatu) on 15th April 2023
- BayPark Stadium (Tauranga) on 13th May 2023
- Major prize winners must organise transport to and from their selected hot lap experience venue location. Valvoline is not responsible for any transportation associated costs including but not limited to taxi fares, hire cars, airfares or accommodation. Hot lap experiences that form part of a major prizes are subject to booking and availability.
- During the entire duration of a major prize, a nominated parent/guardian must accompany any person under 18 years of age.
- If the winner of a major prize is under the age of 18 years, the major prize will be awarded to the winner’s nominated parent or guardian on the winner’s behalf.
- Major prizes are not transferrable (unless agreed by the promoter), exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise advised.
- The winners of a hot lap experience (“Activity”) and their companions acknowledge that the Activity is a dangerous activity that may result in injury or death, and participate at their own risk. Winners and their companions must: (a) attend, undergo and pass any appropriate training, briefings, required medical tests and other requirements of the Promoter and Activity organisers as determined by them in their absolute discretion; (b) not have any heart condition or history thereof, or other medical conditions that would make it dangerous to participate in the Activity; (c) not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol; (d) comply with all directions of the Promoter and Activity organisers at all times; and (e) wear all safety and other equipment required. The Promoter and Activity organisers, in their absolute discretion, at all times reserve the right to: (a) prevent any winner or their companion from participating in the Activity if, at any time, they reasonably believe that the winner or their companion poses a safety risk or for any other reason; and/or (b) cancel the Activity if the conditions are deemed dangerous. If the Activity is varied for any reason beyond the control of the Promoter it may not be rescheduled and no compensation will be offered.
- As a condition of accepting a major prize, the winner (and their companion/s) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers (including on the day of the experience where required) in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form. In the event a winner or winner’s companion is under the age of 18, a nominated parent/legal guardian of such person will be required to sign the legal documentation required under this clause on their behalf.
- In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, pandemic or any other kind of disaster or unforeseeable event, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend, substitute or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
- Each minor prize is a Valvoline Retro Esky valued at AUD $119.99 and NZD$131.99.
- Total prize pool value is AUD$20,269 for Australia and NZD$15,495.97 for New Zealand.
- In the event that any prize remains unclaimed as at 10:00am AEST on Friday June 9, 2023, the Promoter will conduct an unclaimed prize draw at the same place as the original draw, on, Friday June 16, 2023 at 10:00am, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners (if any are required) will be notified in writing by email, within two (2) business days of the draw. Winner’s names will be published on the Valvoline Australia website (valvoline.com/en-au/media-room/) on Wednesday June 21, 2023.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take / redeem a prize (or an element of the prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- All entries are subject to verification check by the Promoter and Administrator. The Promoter and Administrator reserve the right, at any time, to verify the validity of all entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be invalid.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia or any statutory consumer guarantees as provided under consumer protection laws in New Zealand (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if an Activity is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (f) any tax liability incurred by an entrant; or (g) use of a prize or participation in an Activity.
- Unless expressly stated, all other costs and expenses associated with taking delivery of the prize will be the responsibility of the winners.
- The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prizes as stated. Prizes are not transferable to another person (unless agreed by the Promoter) or exchangeable for other goods and services and cannot be redeemed as cash. Any element of a prize that is unused will be forfeited and no compensation will be paid in lieu of that element of the prize.
- The Promoter is Valvoline (Australia) Pty Ltd, ABN 86 000 446 855, Suite 603, Level 6, 2 Burbank Place, Baulkham Hills, NSW 2153. Telephone: 02 8603 2300 and Repco Australia (A division of GPC Asia Pacific ABN 97 097 993 283) of 22 Enterprise Drive, Rowville, Victoria, 3178 (Administrator).
Authorised in Australia under permit numbers: NSW: TP/01610. ACT Permit No. TP22/02458. SA Permit No. T22/2032